Sunday 8 May 2011

Today

I remember the day we met.
You in your three piece suit with walking stick.
I was in my garden party finery.
The day was magical,
but even more so because I met you.
When asked what I thought of you my reply was:

"The greatest thing since sliced bread!"

I knew you were the one,
but you did not.
Months of accidently bumping into you,
conveniently needing a ride after church,
and finally I gave up.
Only to have you ask me out on our first date:
coffee and Mr.Bean. :)

The day I said "I do",
went by in a blur.
So did the years that followed.
Picking up Kaylee (our first dog) on our honeymoon.
Our first home.
The loss of our first child.
High peaks like the birth of three boys and our last little princess.
Dark valleys through breast cancer.

Through it all -- you were there.
I couldn't...
No, I wouldn't have made it without you.
You made every day an adventure.
I thank God for you each and every day.

Twelve years today my love,
Happy anniversary!

2 comments: